Saturday, 5 October 2013

Day 1 | What's in my make up bag (& first post)

Posted by Runzhi C at 15:57


Hello beauties!

Firstly, I'd like to introduce myself and my blog:  I'm new to this, so if it's bad I apologize in advance!

I'm an average teen living in the UK, where it is raining 99% of the time - wait, that's a lie. I'd say 49% of the time in between heat waves and snow storms! I've been reading make-up and beauty blogs for a long time now, but I've never taken the leap to create my own. A good friend encouraged me to start my own, and I thought to myself, "Why not?". I wanted to blog to mainly join the blogging community, have some fun, and make some new friends along the way. Even if I have one reader, I'll still keep blogging (that's a promise!). Plus, I'm probably the only person named 'Runzhi' you will ever meet. My parents kept it original.

So, my brand-spanking new blog and first post is halfway done. I will always be trying to improve my blog, any comments or tips are always appreciated!

Day 1 - What's in my make-up bag?

Primark Floral make-up bag
I absolutely adore my make-up bag. It was a complete bargain at only £2! It is a perfect travel size and fits most of my make-up essentials. The floral pattern isn't too bold, and I like all the little flowers. Plus, at £2, who can argue with that?! This was a Spring 2013 purchase, so I'm not quite sure if Primark are still stocking these.

No.7 Beautifully Matte Foundation
This is my all-time favourite foundation! I am so glad that I got my skin tone matched at the counter - we all dread that tango'd look! The foundation definitely matches my natural skin tone, and I find that it is long-wearing and doesn't oxidise on my skin. I have combination skin (oily T-zone and dry cheeks) so this worked well in keeping me matte over the summer. I'd say it is medium-to-full coverage, and it can be a bit drying in the winter. Normally when it gets colder, I use a moisturiser underneath, or even mixed in as a D.I.Y home-made BB cream.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light
Probably one of the most raved about concealers online! And at a price of £4.19, even I cannot deny that I have been hooked on this concealer. It covers all the blemishes that need covering, and it blends effortlessly into the skin. Easy application and blend-ability makes this concealer a must-have! On some days, I like to wear this under my eyes and on blemishes with a sprinkle of transparent powder on top as a natural base instead of foundation.

Max Factor Masterpiece MAX Mascara
This has to be my favourite mascara ever! I always use an eye-lash curler before to curl my lashes (tip: heat the curlers to have extra curly and defined lashes!). I love the packaging for it, but also how defined it leaves my lashes looking. The product is very rich, and leaves your lashes with a proper high-definition finish. Personally, it gives just the right amount for natural looking luscious lashes. I love all Max Factor products, but this has to be my ultimate favourite. To finish, I use a clean spoolie to separate my lashes and remove any clumps.

MUA Bubblegum Blusher
MUA is a brand that I recently discovered when I saw a stand in my local Superdrug. It is definitely very affordable (this blush cost me only £1 - bargain!) and good quality too. I was a bit sceptical at first, and wasn't expecting much. MUA definitely proved me wrong! It is super pigmented and leaves a lovely coral and rosy glow. Even though I prefer to wear it in summer, it leaves a healthy glow for the colder months.

Real Techniques Core Collection
I love, love, love my Real Techniques Core Collection. After reading many reviews about how awesome it is, I finally saved up enough pennies to buy it. And it's definitely something I do not regret. But you don't need me to tell you how amazing it is though, do you? I also have a Buffing brush dupe that cost less than £2 from eBay, which is included in my Day 3 post. The dupe serves as a spare for when my real brush is drying.


Thank you for reading, I hope this has been fun to read! I've not posted about all my make-up products, but I will do other posts about them. It has without a doubt been fun to write this! Keep tuned into my blog - trust me, there is still plenty more to come!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin, leave a comment, subscribe on Google+, follow me on Instagram (@runzhi_) - I'll definitely check out your blogs too!


12 comments:

Lindsey on 8 October 2013 at 19:56 said...

Great first post! I am loving your makeup bag.

Lindsey| fairmaquillage.blogspot.com

Iqra on 8 October 2013 at 20:28 said...

Welcome to the blogosphere lovely! ^_^
I LOVE PRIMARK MAKEUP BAGS!! They're so bargainlicious haha and I felt the exact same about MUA blushers too! (in fact a review should be coming up soon one of these days :P) great first post, I'd recommend making a blog twitter/using your own one if you don't want to maintain two because you can get a lot of readers from interacting on there and the beauty chats are really fun :)
The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
xxx

Akiko on 10 October 2013 at 00:26 said...

Such a great review and welcome to blogspot! I use almost same products over and over, so it's good to know! xo akiko
Style Imported

Runzhi Chen on 10 October 2013 at 16:12 said...

Thank you! It was an impulse buy but I don't regret it! :)

Love R xx

Runzhi Chen on 10 October 2013 at 16:16 said...

Thank you very much! :) and yes, I love spotting a good bargain in Primark - makes going into town feel like an achievement! ;) and thank you for the blog advice, I think I will make a twitter account once I sort out the layout of this blog first!

Love R xx

Runzhi Chen on 10 October 2013 at 16:20 said...

Thank you lovely! I definitely find myself buying the same stuff, but sometimes I love experimenting (MUA was a completely wild purchase!)

Love R xx

Katie on 10 October 2013 at 21:21 said...

Great post!

I've tagged you in the Autumn Tag on my blog, take a look :)

xktr.blogspot.com

Gemma Douglas on 11 October 2013 at 14:12 said...

I'd love to try the No7 foundation! I've never tried anything from them before (well other than nail polish). I might go in to check it out, even if its just to get colour matched with that cool thing they use ha ha! x

duggydimples.blogspot.co.uk

Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt on 11 October 2013 at 14:55 said...

No 7 do wonderful foundations and although I've just recently swapped to another brand, it's great to see you mentioning it - they deserve a bit more attention! Xx

http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

Runzhi Chen on 11 October 2013 at 21:51 said...

I definitely recommend it! I consider it at the pricier end of the highstreet foundations (at £12 each) but Boots are always doing discounts and vouchers, but to get a good foundation which matches your skin type/tone makes it worth it. Plus you can match the no.7 foundation with other highstreet foundation colours afterwards!

Love R xx

Runzhi Chen on 11 October 2013 at 22:19 said...

Yes I find there aren't that many reviews about No.7 on the web, which is a shame since they are really good: definitely under-rated!

Love R xx

Runzhi Chen on 12 October 2013 at 12:36 said...

Thank you lovely! I will definitely check it out :)

Love R xx

Post a Comment

 

(500) Days of Make-up Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos